21 Apr Mizner Reopens Golf Course to Walkers & Runners
This “new normal” of quarantine living indoors can get a little stale, and it’s important to get outdoors and stay active. Mizner Country Club will permit its members to walk/jog on the golf course cart paths. Although availability is subject to course maintenance, this is a feature not normally available to the members.
“When Palm Beach County Mayor, Dave Kerner issued the Executive Order to close the golf course, our management team met to discuss how we could meet member requests for walking/jogging paths on the Club property,” said Larry Savvides, Mizner Country Club’s General Manager and Chief Operating Officer.
In announcing these actions to Mizner Club members, Savvides set a few policies for residents to adhere to for their safety as well as the safety of the Club’s golf course maintenance team members. They include:
- Golf play is strictly prohibited in any form. Golf balls will not be permitted on your walk/jog.
- Residents must remain on the cart paths unless passing others to maintain social distancing of 6 feet.
- Walking on the turf or any portion of the golf course (the rough, fairways, tees, greens, bunkers), unless for social distancing, is strictly prohibited.
- Pets will not be permitted on the golf course and cart paths, except for registered service animals.
- Members are permitted to invite their house guests to join them for a walk/jog if they keep it to under six people.
- Bicycles, roller skates, in-line skates, Razor scooters, skateboards, Segways, motorized bikes, motorized toys, go-peds, scooters, all-terrain vehicles, go-carts, and similar items are not permitted on the golf cart paths.
- Children under sixteen (16) years of age must be accompanied by an adult, age eighteen (18) years of age and older.
Mizner Rangers and security will be patrolling the golf course to ensure that social distancing is adhered to amongst passing walkers/joggers. “Unfortunately for those who do not adhere to these policies will be subject to loss of privileges to walk the cart paths and be subject to an automatic two-week suspension when the club reopens,” Savvides said.
“We encourage everyone at Mizner to enjoy a walk/jog amidst the beautiful scenery of our stunning golf course. It is a remarkable masterpiece and will now serve our membership during the closing as an opportunity to enjoy its serenity. These are stressful times, and we are all working together to protect our health, the health of our families and the health of our staff,” he said.
For membership information, feel free to contact our Membership Director, Marie Mitchalk, at 561-462-5717 or email at [email protected].